Monday, October 15, 2012

Tazo Iced Passion Tea


Hello my name is Melissa and I'm addicted to Starbucks. Ok so maybe not addicted but I do enjoy several of their beverages but, hey I run a coupon log and let's face it Starbucks does not equal frugal. So I am now making it my mission to find yummy recipes for all my favorite drinks that don't break the bank. One of my favorites was actually the easiest... Passion Iced Tea. I found the Tazo brand (same thing Starbucks uses) at Meijer for $3.75 a box. This box makes 12 quarts. In order to make sure my cheap tongue didn't deceive me I made a pitcher and then drove to the Starbucks to get one of theirs. After pouring a little in each I made my dear sweet guinea pig hubby taste them both and he agrees they are most definitely the same.

Now lets get down to the savings:
16 oz Starbucks Iced Passion Tea= $2.21 after tax
Make your own 12 qt= $3.75... which makes it about $.16 for 16oz

Now that makes my cheap little heart happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment