Monday, October 15, 2012

Kings Island Halloween Haunt

I bet you guys were wondering if I was even going to do anything with the thrills part of this blog huh? Well wait no longer I am proud to present Kings Islands Halloween Haunt:


First of all lets meet my crazy crew:
 
That's my hubby, Brian. He works in information systems at the hospital so when we saw this we cracked up and had to take the picture. He is the ring leader of the coaster madness and will be glad to tell you if there is no coaster riding its not a vacation.



Next we have Shaggy. No that's not his real name but we were stopped once before he discovered the miracle of a razor and haircut because he looked so much like Scooby Doos Shaggy and people wanted to take pictures. When Shaggy was still in high school we took him on his first coaster voyage and now he rivals Brian in sheer coaster enthusiasm.



Next we have Matt. I didn't get any close up pictures of Matt this trip so we will use one from earlier in the year. Matt is a friend of Shaggy's and we introduced him to the wonderful world of coaster fanatics last year at Halloween. We have created a monster, and now the only thing he has left to tackle is Cedar Point and we will offically bestow him with a coaster fanatic card.




Of course our day started with this little 200+ foot beauty, Diamondback. To be exact we rode it 8 times in a row or for pretty much an hour straight. See I told you guys I am insane!

After our Diamondback marathon we proceeded to just go counter clockwise around the park riding everything once and sometimes twice.


The really cute guy in orange is my hubby and right behind him is my two other coaster riding buddies. I would have been on there but, my bladder was making it very clear I had to make a pit stop. Being the park commandos they are wasting time waiting on me was no go so they just rode the nearest tall steel monster, Vortex.



Next we headed over to Action Zone and the boys rode Drop Tower. I chose to set this ride out because the restraints are not conducive to larger chested ladies. I do ride it from time to time just not this time.


I need to mention that the weather was perfect. The best part of 70 degrees in October:



I don't feel weird eating a blueberry/ vanilla swirl cone. Oh that stuff is good!! The bad part of perfect weather...by noon everybody within 100 miles seemed to be in the park.

After a few more rides we needed to go get our jackets and prepare for:


That herst is so creepy at night when the windows glow and the whole park is covered with fog machines.


I do have to say I felt as though someone as watching me as I walked through here:


Hahaha cheesy I know. The rest of the night was spent on the haunted houses. I really was let down this year they were really dull. Matter of fact the best scare I got all night was at the kiddie haunted house. I was walking behind the guys into it and evidently a monster from another haunt was walking out we smacked into each other face to face. Lets just say I'm really glad I went to the potty right before that :)


Well that was the end of our 2012 Coaster Season. As sad as I am to see it go I know we have 3 huge coaster fanatic events and 21 days in Disney during 2013 so it will get here quickly!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment