Sunday, October 21, 2012

Little Dude Birthday Shopping

So even though I have been sick all week I did manage to have a birthday party for little dude Saturday. We ate food we already had such as the cheap grapes I froze last week, the pizzas from CVS, and various veggies and chips we had. I personally would much rather have a budget friendly party at home any day especially since he's only 5. We had a party over the summer at Chuck E Cheese and lets just say it did not go well :( Way too much money and way too chaotic.

So what's the most important part of a kids birthday? Why the decorations of course (ok not really):



Why in the world are party supplies so expensive? If I find stuff on clearance I always stock up but, since he wanted Angry Birds I didn't have anything.
Dangling Decorations: $4
Small Plates: $2 (I just bought enough plates for the kids the adults can use plain)
Large Plates: $3
Bucket: $2 (he can reuse this for halloween)
Cup: $1 (I used this to put silverware in and then he can use it later)
Plastic Forks & Spoons: $1 each


Ok so now how about the real favorite part....Gifts!





#1- Custom Pillowcase $10: I found a deal at Ink Garden last week were you could get a pillowcase for $5 + $4.99 shipping. Little Dude is very much a coaster fanatic like his Uncle Brian so in his words this is AWESOME.
#2- Dino sweatshirt $9: It so stinking cute it has horns up the back and zips up over his mouth, it really fits his personality.
#3 Monster socks $3 (in picture with sweatshirt): they look like different monster feet when you put them on, he picked them out
#4 Zombie Shirt $5: Seriously whats the deal with all the Zombie stuff now days?? He picked this out too.

Side note: Yes I only bought him clothes but, don't worry he also got a Nintendo DS from other people, and yes he is spoiled :)

Total for Birthday: $45

No comments:

Post a Comment