Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Now I See How She Does It Shopping Trips

I know a lot of people ask how we manage to feed a lot of people on such random things and now that the fall deals are starting to roll in I think my shopping trips are going to start shedding some light on this. I buy lots of what we will need at once and then we don't need anymore for awhile. Also we buy half cows once a year with our tax check so that doesn't come out of our budget and makes it possible for me to  only buy beef when I find a great price. I have price points that I am willing to spend on each item and when I find them at or below said price I buy lots. With that said lets see the craziness I did today.

First we stopped at Walgreens:

There are ten (10!) seperate transactions here. I always go to the beauty counter so I am not holding up everyone who just wants to run in and run out for a few items.
The first 9 transactions were each:
1- 4ct Cepacol Lozenge $1....get $1RR back (so basically FREE!)
All of those together cost me $9.63 and that gave $9RR to use on the rest

Transaction #2 was:
12- Halloween Coloring Books 3/$1 w/ in ad coupon (filler items so I can use my RR)
4- Cottonelle 12 ct $5@.. I used a $1sq (took off $4) & 4- $ .55 printables
3- Scott paper towel 6ct $5...used $1sq (took off $3) & 3- $1mq

I had $5RR from last week and the $9RR from the first order, so that order came to right at $13.

Then we went to Meijer! This was actually all done in four transactions (Brian did 2, I did 2)




We got:
12- Quaker Instant Oatmeal 4/$10...used 6- $1/2mq
2- Quaker Real Medleys cups 2/$3...used $1/2mq
2- Quaker Granola Bars $2
16- Cesar Dog Food $ .67...used 4- Buy 3 Get 1 Free mq
4- Cesar Meaty Selects $1.25... used 2- Buy 1 Get 1 Free mq
12- Pedigree Dog Food $ .67...used 2- $1/6mq
2- Nylabones Buy 1 @ $6.39 Get 1 @ $2...used 2- $2mq
20-Campbells Soups (food pantry donation) $ .60...used 4- $ .40/3 printables & 2- $ .40/4 mq

Not pictured because I didn't feel like carrying them all in:
12- 24pk Pepsi $6...used 6- $2/2mq (We have a lot of birthdays coming up!)
2- 20 ct Frito Lay Singles $6.99...used 2- $1mq

I saved $2 instantly on every 4 Quaker products I bought.

Total for Meijers: $126


No comments:

Post a Comment