Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Food Pantry Donation 9/4



So today I busted out my coupons for the food drive at my church. We have a food pantry to help out those in need in our community but the shelves are looking a little bare. There are a total of sixty-two cans of veggies and eight cans of soup that were purchased over four transactions at two stores.

My first two transactions were at Marsh and they were exactly the same:

16- Libby's veggies 4/$3...used 4 $1/4 manfacturer's coupons
4- Food Club soups 2/$1
I had a $10 catalina I used on each order from doing the Kraft deal last week. So after coupons and catalinas both these transactions were.....FREE!!!!


Next I went to Mainstreet Market, which is a partner store of Marsh so they have basically the same sales but different loyalty cards.

Transaction #1:
16- Libby's veggies 4/$3...used 4 $1/4 manufacturers coupons
6-ValuTime potatoes 57 cents
I also had a $10 catalina for here from doing thier Kraft deal last week so total for this order was...28 cents :)

Transaction #2:
8- Libby's veggies 4/$3...used my last 2 $1/4 manufacturers coupons (A friend is supposed to be sending a few more so I may get to get a few more cans this week!)
So this order came to $4

So the Grand Total was $4.28 for 70 canned goods! Thats like 7 cents a can!!!!

Without my catalinas my total would have been $34.28 which would have came out to 49 cents a can which is still amazing.

This was my first shopping trips of the new month so we still have $595 in the monthly budget.  









No comments:

Post a Comment