Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bzzagent Pork Be Inspired Meal #1


 
I was recently offered the opportunity to try out some of Kroger's Moist & Tender Pork and given discount coupons to use and some great recipe ideas from Bzzagent. I will be posting one dinner tonight and another later this week.



Recipe #1 is Pork Slow Cooker Tacos. If anyone knows my husband you know that if it involves Tacos or Nachos he is game but he only likes Beef. I figured we could give this a shot and see what he thought. Here's the recipe:
 
 

1 lb pork tenderloin, or chicken
1 15 oz can tomato sauce, or one 12oz jar salsa
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I use 1 full teaspoon for more heat)
½ teaspoon salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
Place pork in the base of your slow cooker. In a small bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients. Pour evenly over pork. Cook on low for 8 hours. When done, shred the pork using two forks, pulling against the grain of the meat. Serve in warmed tortillas with shredded lettuce, sliced bell peppers, chopped tomatoes, black olives, grated cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Garnish with chopped scallions.

And here's how mine came out...


Everyone loved these! I did add some sliced peppers and onions to the crockpot instead of using them as garnish.  These were a great change of pace and  I felt great serving these to my family since they were much leaner than the classic ground beef type. The pork stayed super moist and I am going to freeze the leftovers for a quick dinner some busy night.


I was provided with discount coupons to facilitate my review all opinions are 100% mine.


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment