Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years

Hey everybody after taking a break over the Christmas and New Years weeks I am back and excited for 2014!

2013 was a whirlwind and so much fun but I am really looking forward to having more fun in 2014. We have a awesome Disney trip planned for November (and we are FLYING this year!) I know several people have asked how much Disney really costs so I will let you know that our trip before any discounts (those will hopefully come around May!) is $1543.82. This includes: Hotel, park tickets for 7 days that allow us to go from park to park (there are four at WDW in case you wondered), transportation to and from airport, and transportation all around the resort. Airfare is going to cost us another $650 and we will budget around $500 for food/souvenirs. That brings our total needed to right at $2700. I will be updating over the months about ways I have paid toward this with thriftiness.  Right now it breaks down to:

$250 Christmas cash from family
$50 Landry's Gift Card from Mypoints  -can be used at T-Rex, Rainforest or Yak & Yeti
$223 in Disney Gift Cards we did not use on 2013 trip
$50 (paypal) from Swagbucks
That means I have $573 and need $2127 to be at goal

I also realized the last few months I am not using as many traditional coupons. With the Ibotta app, e-coupons, and the fact that we just plain are using products that there are coupons on I don't even use my coupon binder anymore! Shocking I know.

I want to share more of our fun times with you guys this year along with deals, recipes, and shopping fun.

Welcome to the ride and

"Por favor mantengase se alejado de las puertas" (Monorail man from WDW)

No comments:

Post a Comment